Large-Scale Special Event Management Course
August 27, 2019 – October 18, 2019
About the course:
An 8 week online course covering everything you need to know about
Large Scale Special Event and Project Planning.
The 8 week course will be conducted online via a private facebook group shared with participants after they register. Course modules and material will be shared in the group each Tuesday at 10 AM PST. Students can take the course at their own pace and pop into the group to ask questions and access material at any time during the week. Course material will stay in the group and will be available to the students year round even after the course is over. Participants can also network and troubleshoot the program with the instructor and other program participants and accountability buddies , share upcoming events and projects at anytime during and after the program.
This will be a safe space to ask questions, empower each other to do amazing things and have fun in a lively, supportive learning environment.
About the Course Instructor
Robin Elander, Founder and Director of Global Good Impact has over 20 years experience planning large scale special events and projects and programs of all types including fundraisers, parades, fairs, festivals, corporate events, summits, retreats, conferences, campaigns and more all across the country. She currently serves as the Executive Director of the Summer Solstice Celebration, one of the largest parades and festivals on the West Coast.
- Why plan an event?
- Getting clear on your vision and mission
- Timelines for different types of events and projects
- Introduction to large scale event permitting processes
- Venue selection and considerations
- Building your budget – considerations
- Building and managing a rockstar team of staff, volunteers and contractors
- Income generating strategies
- Ticket Sales
- Vendor fees
- And more
- Partnerships and collaborations
- Self care and team care
- Marketing, Advertising and Communication Strategies
- Tech and Automation
- Contact management
- Permits Permits Permits Part 2
- Planning for alcohol and food at events: Considerations, permitting, etc.
- Other permits you may need to consider:
- Tents / stage / generator /sound/ merchandising permit, parking, etc and more!
- Working with gatekeepers and governmental agencies
- Security and Risk management
- Planning Environmentally friendly events
- Considerations for post event team celebrations, sponsors thank you’s
- Event or evaluations and debriefing
- Wrapping it up!
***Topics may be added to this course based on the needs of the group, from the pre-program questionnaire.
Course participants ALSO get access to:
- Networking and collaboration (never expires) with other participants in facebook group
- 2 hours of one on one trouble-shooting or planning support calls with the program facilitator, Robin Elander during the course of the program.
- Opportunity to ask questions in the facebook group to the instructor or other students at anytime during the program.
- Accountability partners to keep you on track!
- Press releases templates
- Budgeting templates
- Timeline templates
- Sponsorship and partnership templates
- and more!
- After registering for the course, review the pre-program packet that will be emailed to you and fill out the pre-program questionnaire
- Introduce yourself, where you live, your goals for the course and type of event or project you’re considering in the private facebook group
- Schedule 1 on 1 support and consulting calls with instructor Robin Elander via calendly link
COST & REGISTRATION
One time payment of $1,249 (REGISTER) or
BECOME A PROGRAM AMBASSADOR
Let us know if you want to become a program ambassador when you sign up.
You’ll have the opportunity to receive 30% or ($374.70) for anyone who mentions your name when they register for the course.